For my minor Immersive Media, I got put into a group of 7 people in total. We got assigned a client project in which we had to create a mobile game. The main goal of this serious game is to raise awareness amongst house owners about a hidden "monster" which is house subsidence.
As a group we did all the ideas and concepting for the mobile game completely from scratch. This led me to being involved in researching of the topic, come up with game ideas and suggestions, create stylesheets with potential art styles. It ended up being a low-poly style but with more detailed textures compared to the stereotypical low-poly style.
I got chosen as being the lead artist which gave me more responsibilty in giving feedback to other artist, making sure that the style is consistent, and being the bridge between the artists and the designers/developers. I would also need to attend and present our art progress to teachers and other students. Additionally, I am the team leaders' assistant, help with planning and am the blog manager.
Production wise, I worked on various tasks, like team logo designs, concept art, character concepts but also enviroment and (modular) character art in 3D including very simple rigging, particle effects and scene decoration.
Weekly updates on the teams' blog is here.